Venice, Italy


Our last stop in Italy: Venice. Word of advise, stay in the city if you can. We thought it would be a great idea to save some money and stay right outside of the city and take a bus in. Nope. We had to fit everything we wanted to do in one day, and get done with it before 6pm (when the last bus left). And when we got back to our hotel, every restaurant in the area was closed and we had to go hungry for the night. I wish we had spent an extra day to see more of Venice, but here's what we did:

 This is the one of three pictures we asked someone to take (mostly for our parents sake), but we're glad we have it now:




 Canals, perfect weather out


 We took a boat to Murano, where they have incredible glass work. Here's what was in the town square:


 The main square in Venice (Piazza San Marco). Here we met the pushiest flower salesman I've ever come across. Hit hit me with a flower when we refused to purchase one:


 Gondola! (We didn't ride one, again, we're cheap):




There were a lot of things I liked about Venice. The water made it cooler than all the other cities we had been in in Italy, walking over bridges and take boats as transportation was an incredible experience, and Murano was one of my favorite memories from my European Vacation. But after leaving Italy, my boyfriend and I both agreed that Florence was the best Italian city. But don't miss Venice!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts